Friday, December 9, 2022

Last Night In Downtown Truckee, California - New Photos

When the snow started falling last night, I headed to Downtown Truckee for some Christmas photography fun. Truckee is the perfect little Christmas town, the lights, snow, and historic buildings make it feel like a scene out of a Hallmark movie. Large snowflakes mixed with the downtown lights are a favorite subject matter of mine. Unfortunately, on the drive down the snow started letting up and the sky was more clear than I had hoped for. No problem though, I was still super happy with the way things were looking and I ended up with a few new "keeper" photos.

_Q1A7224.jpg

All of these were shot on a Canon 5DS R and with either a 24-105mm lens (tripod used) or with a 16-35mm lens (handheld). The handheld shots were at a very high ISO, and the tripod shots were about 6 - 10 second long exposures. No filters or flash units were used.

_Q1A7188.jpg

_Q1A7167.jpg

_Q1A7229 1.jpg

_Q1A7125.jpg

_Q1A7186.jpg

Of course, I had to capture some new images of Gallery 5830', where I sell my prints. They are going to be building a fresh new website soon so I have been trying to get them some cool new images...

_Q1A7122.jpg

_Q1A7231 1.jpg

Thank you for looking, I hope you all have a great weekend! We are supposed to get a big snowstorm this weekend, my fingers are crossed in hopes that it's true and not just hype... Cheers!

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg