Monday, December 5, 2011

Scott Shot prints now available at Art Obsessions in Truckee, CA

There's a new gallery in town. My favorite new gallery. It's not my favorite just because they sell my photography but because they exhibit some incredible work, from some incredible artists, in an incredible space. 
Scott Thompson's exhibit at Art Obsessions in Downtown Truckee, CA.

Art Obsessions Gallery is the new must see spot in Downtown Truckee, California. It is located in a beautiful historic building that greatly enhances your art viewing experience.   They recently received their license to sell wine by the glass or bottle so you can even further enhance your viewing experience.  Plan on staying a while as there is a lot of art to view.

This past Friday, I set up a little demonstration for Truckee's First Fridays. I brought my camera and set up a "Beauty at the Bottom" photo shoot. "Beauty at the Bottom" is a popular series of photos that I shot down inside the mouths of wine, beer, or other spirits bottles. More info about that series can be found by Clicking Here. It was fun explaining this bizarre abstract art to people and I've been asked to demonstrate again. Look for me there during future First Fridays...

Scott Thompson's "Beauty at the Bottom" demonstration at the gallery.
Please enjoy a slideshow of the gallery below. The photos don't really do the vibe and feeling of the gallery justice, you'll just have to check it out for yourself. Please be sure to stop by the next time you're in Truckee, CA and check out my exhibit. I have many framed prints and canvas prints of Truckee and the Tahoe area on the walls as well as many unframed prints for sale ranging from size 8"x10" to 30"x40".  You can also order any of my prints there and not pay shipping.   For a list of other artists exhibiting at the gallery, please check their website www.ArtObsessions.com. They are located at 10052 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA. 96161 across from the downtown fire station. (530) 550-9688 www.facebook.com/artobsessions See you there, cheers!

-Scott Thompson