Sunday, March 17, 2024

Another "Cool" Morning at Donner Lake

I went out for a short stroll with the camera and some turmeric tea this morning. The camera was almost left at home... But I'm glad I decided to grab it at the last minute, because of this cool scene! There was a thin layer of ice on Donner Lake here in Truckee, California. But in this small area, the ice had broken up and piled up, creating sharp looking, jagged pieces of ice that looked rather photogenic to me. So I set down the hot tea and went to work getting some cool photos!

_Q1A8626.jpg

Shot with the Canon 5DR R and a 16-35mm lens, set at 16mm. The camera's ISO was 200, the shutter speed was 1/200 of a second, and the lens aperture was f/16. Shot handheld, no tripod or lens filters.

Instead of shooting a quick selfie as I often do, I decided to make a short video...

Thanks for looking, and I hope you all have a cool day too!!!

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg