Monday, January 15, 2024

Sunset Shoot At Coldstream Pond

This evening, I got out for a little backcountry cross-country ski with Martin of MVB Coaching at Donner Lake and a frozen over Coldstream Pond. The sunset was better than expected, and fortunately, I had packed my camera. Okay, I almost always pack my camera when I head outdoors... But I'm glad I did because we ended up with some unexpected very nice photos!

Martin gave me my first cross-country ski lesson last year and I immediately fell in love with the sport. Being able to get out there further and faster with the camera has been great.

_Q1A5007.jpg_Q1A5005.jpg

These were all shot with the Canon 5DS R and a 24-105mm lens. Handheld photos, a flash was used in order to lighten up Martin and to make sure he wasn't a silhouette. The ISO was 1000, the lens aperture was f/8, and it was 1/200 of a second long exposure.

_Q1A4992.jpg

20240115_170509.jpg
Yup, I was happy to be out there and happy with the photos I was capturing!

Thanks for looking and I hope you all had a great day too.

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg