Sunday, January 7, 2024

Another Beautiful Icy Day At Donner Lake!

my mind? Ice!!! And cross-country skiing!

20240107_080554.jpg

I waited until after lunch to get out there in hopes that it would warm up a touch. It did. It was about 22°F when I headed out. I was incredibly excited as it was my first day back on the cross-country skis since last winter. I also tossed the camera in my backpack, just in case I saw anything "cool".

I did see something very cool! The shallow water in the area below had frozen overnight, and frost had built up on it. It was a great look and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to capture it.

_Q1A4548.jpg

These were both shot with the Canon 5DS R and a 24-105mm lens. They were also both handheld shots, no tripod or lens filters.

_Q1A4552.jpg


I was loving the look and feeling creative, so I decided to get a little video too.



Here's a couple more cell phone photos to show you the shoreline a bit more. They aren't for printing big like the photos above, but it gives a nice "behind the scenes" look.

20240107_123846.jpg20240107_122927.jpg

Yup! A happy photographer once again! A good afternoon on the skis, and some good keeper photos as well.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you all had a great day too!

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg