Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Last Night's Dud of a Sunset...

Last night's Donner Lake sunset was forecasted to be a decent one. But it was not, it was a dud...

The SkyFire app is often correct when it comes to predicting the amount of color that will show up in the sky at sunrise or sunset. It's not a perfect science, and last night it let me down. There was no color at all. I stuck around later than I usually do, hoping for some late color to the sky, but nope. Oh well. I decided to shoot some "blue hour" photos, hoping to get something in return for my efforts of cross-country skiing out there and putting up with the cold temperatures.

Success! At least I think so. What do you think? Do you like this blue, monotone look to the image?

_Q1A5437.jpg

Shot with a Canon 5DS R and a 24-105mm lens. The camera's ISO was 50, the lens aperture was f/18, and it was a 30 second exposure. One graduated neutral density filter was used on the front of the lens, and a tripod was also used.

20240123_170735.jpg

Yeah, I might have been smiling a bit bigger if there was more orange and yellow color to the sky, but I was still pretty happy anyway. It was good to be out!

Thank you for looking and I hope you are all having a great day, even if it isn't going exactly as planned...

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg