Sunday, February 25, 2024

Abstract Photos Of Awesome Ice

It was foggy yesterday morning here at Donner Lake in Truckee, California. But after a while, it started to clear up so I grabbed my camera and walked across the street to see if I could get any cool photos of the lake with a bit of the fog on it. When I got to the shoreline, I noticed something even cooler...

There was a bit of ice, but it wasn't your normal frozen surface. There was wild unusual triangular patterns all over it. The fog was nice, but I spent most of my time shooting icy abstracts instead.

_Q1A7231.jpg

These were all shot with the Canon 5DS R, which is a 50.6 megapixel DSLR. If desired, I could print these up huge. I kind of think these first three images would look very nice on a big wall somewhere...

_Q1A7288.jpg_Q1A7285b.jpg

These next two wider angle photos of the ice aren't bad either. I just like those first three a bit better.

_Q1A7185.jpg

_Q1A7284.jpg


And here's what I originally had in mind. The lake's surface was very still, the early morning sun made the color of the boulders look very warm, and the fog brought it all together to make a very calming serene shot.

_Q1A7240.jpg

20240224_091141 (1).jpg
Another beautiful morning in Truckee!!! I hope you are all haveing a great weekend too.

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg