Sunday, October 22, 2023

Donner Lake Sunset

It's been great living across the street from Donner Lake! I moved here a few weeks ago, and being that close to the lake allows me to make last minute decisions to grab the camera gear, and rush out to capture incredible light on the lake. Tonight's sunset shoot was another one of those last minute decisions. When I noticed the clouds lining up for a good one, I finished eating dinner as fast as I could, and rushed to this location. The color was starting to happen right as I was setting up. I just made it, without a minute to spare!

_Q1A9660.jpg

Shot with the Canon 5DS R and a 24-105mm lens. The ISO was 400, the shutter speed was 1/50 of a second, and the lens aperture was f/7.1. A tripod and shutter release cable were used. No lens filters were used. Two flash units were used in order to light up those trees and leaves in the foreground. They would have been a silhouette without the flashes.

Okay, maybe I did have one minute to spare, so I shot this quick selfie. Happy photographer!!!

20231021_182637.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you all had a great day!

Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

headshotwlogo.jpg