Monday, September 18, 2023

New Donner Lake Sunset Photos

I recently had the opportunity to capture some stunning new Donner Lake sunset photos. It had been quite some time since I last took pictures of landscapes. Life has presented its fair share of challenges lately, with numerous changes to navigate. However, amidst all the chaos, there is a silver lining - I am moving into a brand new studio apartment conveniently located right across the street from this breathtaking location! After preparing myself a delicious dinner in my new pad, I noticed the sky transforming into a vibrant display of colors. Instead of driving for 15 minutes to reach my usual spot, I simply walked across the street with my gear. It only took me about 60 seconds to get there! During this time of year, these docks are frequently bustling with people, making it quite a task to find one that isn't occupied. However, in the evening and early morning, there are usually one or two docks available. In my spare time, I have also taken up fishing from these docks and even have the luxury of dragging my kayak across the street for a peaceful paddle. Living here truly is an incredible experience! As I settle into my new living situation, I am excited to have more opportunities to capture the beauty of Donner Lake and Lake Tahoe in my photographs. You can expect to see more of my work being shared soon.



The photo above, labeled A, was taken approximately three minutes before the photo below, labeled B. Both were captured using a Canon 5DSr camera and a 24-105mm lens.


I must admit, I am torn between these two shots. Photo A showcases vibrant orange clouds, while Photo B boasts pink clouds and showcases a silhouette of a pine tree in the foreground. Which one do you prefer?


Thank you for taking the time to view my photos. As mentioned earlier, I am eager to get back to shooting and sharing more of my work soon. I hope you are having a wonderful day!


Scott Thompson
Scott Shots Photography
www.ScottShotsPhoto.com

(Blog post written by Scott Thompson, then enhanced by AI. Testing out AI performance)

headshotwlogo.jpg