Friday, April 26, 2013

New Photo Exhibit at New Moon in Truckee

Great news, I will be exhibiting my photos at New Moon Natural Foods in Truckee, California for the next month. There are seven photos on exhibit, mostly landscape scenes from around the Truckee and Tahoe area.  The next time you are in town be sure to stop by, pick up some groceries, and check out my work.

A bit about New Moon,  it is my favorite little grocery store in the town where I live. They became my favorite during the last elections when they put a big Yes on Prop 37 sign in front of their store. Prop 37 would have made it mandatory to label genetically modified foods (also know as GMOs) in California, but unfortunately  it did not pass. My family has been doing our best to avoid GMOs and eat only organic foods for a couple of years now. Our local Safeway has a decent organic section but around that same time, I found out that Safeway's organic line "O" Organics had contributed money to the no on 37 campaign. We haven't been back to Safeway since, put your money where your mouth is... (reference: http://www.change.org/petitions/boycott-the-9-organic-and-natural-traitor-brands-who-oppose-truth-stop-trying-to-block-prop-37 )

Chances are you have heard of GMOs by now, but just in case you haven't I would encourage you to do some research on the topic as well at the corporation Monsanto, who profits the most from GMOs. There's tons of info out there, just google it. 

New Moon can be found at:

New Moon
11357 Donner Pass Rd. 
Suite C 
Truckee, CA 96161 
(530) 587-7426


Thank you for checking out my work!